Arizona Study Program
The Arizona Study Program is a twelve year graded course of study developed by the ASMTA to provide for the development of musical Performance, Theory and Technique. It is organized in terms of the twelve years of public school, with one level available for each of the years a student would be enrolled in school. It requires continual work throughout the year. In the spring, there is a performance evaluation by a master adjudicator and a written theory test.
Membership in ASMTA is required of all participating teachers.
2020 EVMTA EVALUATIONS
Friday, May 15, 2020 and Saturday, May 16, 2020
Arizona State University
December 1, 2019: Regular Enrollment Deadline ($25.00)
- After December 1 the enrollment continues at the increased fee of $40 per student.
- Send all enrollments to DeAnn Mortensen.
February 15, 2020: Late Enrollment Deadline ($40.00)
February 15, 2020: Work Assignment Form Deadline
February 15, 2020: Student Program Forms due
- Levels 5 – 8
- email to: Juliana Kraver
- Levels 9 – 12
- email to: Marcia Havlovic
- No program forms are required for Levels 1 through 4, but music must be original piano solo compositions; no arrangements or transcriptions are allowed.
Mid-Late March, 2020: Instructions for Evaluations (Packet 2) will be sent to teachers enrolled.
April 1, 2020: Deadline Form for Level 12A students
- email to: Julie Ann Tryon
April 10, 2020: Deadline for return of Confidential Report Form
- email to: Beth Godavarti
- No changes will be made in the computer after this date
- Susan Martinez is our New Teacher Mentor. If you are new to ASP, please contact her and she will help you navigate the required paperwork and deadlines. Susan can be reached at email@example.com or 480-834-3044 with your questions.
- Each student must purchase a theory workbook. They are copyrighted, and may not be copied.
- Complete and return the Enrollment Form and Work Assignment Form. You will receive confirmation via email when your registration is received. For questions contact DeAnn – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indicate previous teacher(s) of all transfer students if students were previously in ASP.
- Send one check for your studio (teacher’s check only).
- Only students listed on the Enrollment Form will be allowed to participate. NO REFUNDS OR SUBSTITUTIONS.
- Copy additional Enrollment Forms if necessary.
- A student may be enrolled in different levels for (1) performance/technique and (2) theory. Please indicate the different levels on all forms. Records will show completion of the lower of the two levels.
- The performance level will determine the time allotment for evaluation.
- A teacher has two (2) years to match theory and performance levels.
- Levels may be repeated and/or skipped at the teacher’s discretion.
- Students may be evaluated in only one level per school year.
- Level 4, 8, and 12 awards are given only for completing Category A. To receive these awards, repertoire, technique, and theory must all be at the same level in the same year.
- A Level 12 student (high school seniors only) may, upon request, take the Level 12 theory test early (testing date in January). Please notify Barbara Russell if you wish to take this option.
- If a student cannot be evaluated on the above dates, contact the chairman by April 1 to make arrangements for a possible earlier testing date. There may be an additional fee for the adjudicator.
- IMPORTANT!! Due to space limitations and our increasing enrollment, it has become necessary to split larger studios. All studios that require more than 2.5 hours of adjudication time WILL be split between Friday and Saturday. Please plan accordingly and inform your parents before enrolling students.
EVMTA CO-CHAIRS: Lara Holt, Barbara Russell, Debbie Saifi